Saturday, July 18, 2009

How it all began...

The inspiration behind Curly Art bouquet preservation came when my daughter, Ana, was married in June of 2007. She wanted something different done with her bouquet, and asked me to experiment a bit!

Her flowers consisted of roses, hydrangea, lamb's ear, stock, peonies, and delphinium.

The painting (which now has a mate) hangs in her dining room. I matched the colors in the background to the colors of the room, and it hangs facing into the home so as not to get ruined by sunlight coming in.

The size of this painting is 15x30, and it's mate is a 10x30.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    My name is Justine Blanchard, and I'm the Flowers editor at The Knot. I would love to speak with you about collaborating on an upcoming project we're working on. Could you please email me at jblanchard@theknot.com? Thank you!

    Best,
    Justine

    ReplyDelete